This training course, Coaching Essentials, is designed for individuals wanting a thorough grounding in the fundamental coaching and philosophy, whether they work in organisations or as external coaches. This 10-day coach course has been accredited by the ICF as providing 90 hours of Approved Coach Specific Training (ACSTH).
This training course will cover the following topics, though not necessarily in the given order. Module 1 will provide a broad understanding and experience of all the key competencies to enable you to begin practising coaching with your peers immediately. Then, throughout the following modules, we will return to specific topics and explore them in greater depth. These are:
- Core coaching competencies (ICF) and PCC markers.
- The specific elements and subtleties of the coach’s role and the coaching relationship.
- The fundamental coaching attitude and all the elements of ‘Coaching presence’.
- The coaching process.
- The essential coaching contract – defining purpose / focus / desired outcome.
- The traps of the implicit psychological contract. Guidelines and reasons for the explicit psychological contract. Co-designing and contracting the coaching relationship.
- Developing trust. Challenging misconceptions about trust. The distinction between empathy and compassion.
- Active listening skills; listening and reflecting at depth.
- Observation mindset and skills.
- Questioning skills; powerful questioning.
- Creating awareness.
- Designing actions and three levels. Understanding why clients fail to stick to their commitment and implement their actions.
- How to develop and increase the accountability of the client? How might the coach sabotage the client’s accountability?
- Attitudes, assumptions, beliefs, values.
- Support and challenge.
- States and optimal state for coaching.
- Working with strong emotions.
- Specific tools and processes.
This 10-day coach training course is designed to offer a thorough training in professional coaching skills. At the end of the training, you will:
- Have developed the necessary mindset and skillset for effective coaching (as specified by the International Coach Federation’s core coaching competencies). The amount of the training hours meet the requirements for the Associate Certified Coach (ACC) level credential, while the competencies are taught and evaluated during the course against the Professional Certified Coach (PCC) level standards;
- Contextualise coaching within the wider field of learning and development, and leadership.
- Integrate the practical application of coaching models, tools and competencies;
The impact of coaching in leadership
An increasing number of customer awareness and organisational coaching research confirms that coaching has become one of the most effective ways of leadership development, high performing team building, collaboration and professional development, because the application of a coaching approach improves:
- the quality of communication, employee engagement and accountability;
- team performance; individual and collective awareness;
- leadership quotient;
- creativity, innovation and performance;
- competency development, on-boarding, organisational learning;
- the general climate and culture of the organisation;
- the quality of feedback and employee development
- the competitive advantage of the company;
- the attractiveness of the company for talents, etc.
Coaching Essentials provides essential coach training in all the core coaching competencies as defined by the ICF. Through taught input and experiential work, with extensive practice, observation and feedback, you develop the knowledge, attitudes and skills required for professional coaching or for coaching as a leadership style. It is a high quality, thorough training in coaching which will be invaluable for people who wish to integrate coaching into their professional lives.
ICF Accredited Training Hours
This training course is designed and owned by Coaching Development and accredited as Approved Coach Specific Training Hours by the International Coach Federation, the leading (and only truly global) organisation representing professional coaching and coaches, and it provides 90 ACSTH hours when the meeting all the requirements of graduation.
Philosophy of Coaching and Training
Our philosophy of coaching is that the coachee is creative, resourceful and whole. This means that the client can think for himself, and the coach’s job is to evoke and further the client’s thinking. Secondly, we teach that the coach is the facilitator of the process, in which the client is responsible for the content. Hence, the coach asks effective questions, and listens actively to the responses and thus the coachee makes progress towards their desired goal. The coach elicits the answers within.
Our training approach is similar. We assume that you would like to learn through doing, rather than only reading. The theory we teach is directly connected with the practice of coaching, and theory is always followed by an experience in some way. The important part here is that you make sense of the frameworks and can in some way integrate them into your developing skill set.
This programme is modular. In between the modules you will be coaching one of your peers, so that you complete the training programme with a significant number of hours of formal coaching practice. You will also be asked to keep a learning journal and submit a final essay, which captures your main insights about coaching and yourself.
Where and which language?
This 10-day face-to-face training programme is offered by L-CON Global (the exclusive partner of Coaching Development in Eastern and Northern Europe) in Helsinki in Finnish (in partnership with the Management Institute of Finland), in Vilnius in Lithuanian, in Riga in English.
To receive the Coaching Essentials Certificate you need to have attended 80% of the training days as well as have completed the hours of peer coaching and submitted the final essay.
The price of the training includes lunch and snacks.
Full price: 2500.00 EUR (no VAT charged)
Dates for 2021 in Vilnius:
Module 1: February 3-4
Module 2: March 3-4
Module 3: March 31 – April 1
Module 4: May 5-6
Module 5: June 2-3
Module 6: June 16-17
Dates for 2021 autumn in Vilnius:
Module 1: September 22-23
Module 2: October 20-21
Module 3: November 17-18
Module 4: December 15-16
Module 5: January 19-20 (2022)
Module 6: February 23-24 (2022)
Paid until 07 01 – 2250 eur
Paid until 08 01 – 2400 eur
Paid after 08 01 – 2550 eur
Dates for Vilnius (in English):
Module 1: October 26-27
Module 2: November 30 – December 1
Module 3: January 4-5
Module 4: February 8-9
Module 5: March 8-9
Module 6: April 7-8
Contact us for more information at email@example.com